New Kid on the Block(s)..?
I’ve been testing out the new Gutenberg method of using ‘blocks’ in WordPress…
WordPress have been updating all their sites to Gutenberg. You may have noticed..!
I did update but kept my options open.
On another website of mine I kept the ‘Classic Editor‘ as default just to keep both as a comparison.
My verdict after 2 weeks using the new editor:
- Okay if you’re new to WP
- Good to have both – easy to switch via plugins
- Knowing some html is better with Classic
- Formatting text in GB is a nightmare
- Manipulating images in GB is awkward
- Need to know Gutenberg if you’re teaching WP
- More to follow…
To revert back to the Classic Editor if you’ve been ‘blocked’…
- Go to Plug-ins
- Search for ‘Classic Editor‘
- WP version only!
- Install – then Activate
- If Gutenberg is a plug-in – deactivate it.
- Test by creating new page/post
- If still on GB, log-out, clear cookies/cache etc.
- Rinse and repeat
That should do it.
Some more info (but ‘block’ them too)..!